Which Martial Art is Best For You ?
At the end of the day, all that matters is that you ﬁnd the martial art that is best for you. Make sure you look for a martial art that interests you and you think would be fun. But you want to make sure that its also the most effective martial art.
- The Most Effective Stand Up Martial Art is Muay Thai.
- The Most Effective Ground Martial Art is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- The Most Well Rounded Martial Art is Mixed Martial Arts.
7 mistakes to avoid when choosing a martial arts school
- Mistake #1: Choosing a martial arts school based on equipment alone. No question your martial arts school needs ﬁrst rate equipment, but it also needs highly qualiﬁed instruction. Many schools have great equipment but they don’t have the expertise of a highly qualiﬁed instructor. Make sure to ask for their Black Belt certiﬁcate and who gave them their Black Belt rank.
- Mistake #2: Choosing a martial arts school based on low price. Lowest price without good instruction is a recipe for disaster. Qualiﬁed instruction isn’t usually the cheapest option.
- Mistake #3: Choosing a school based on a single telephone call. Instead you want to tour the facility and see all that they have to offer.
- Mistake #4: Choosing a school without a Money Back Offer. In my view every school should be fully accountable for their instruction and if you don’t feel that you improved you shouldn’t have to pay for it. Not all schools offer a guarantee. Make sure to ask the school if they offer a money back guarantee.
- Mistake #5: Choosing a school without getting testimonials from their students. Any school can say how great they are, but it matters most what their students think about them and the results that they get from training their.
- Mistake #6: Choosing a Martial Arts school that doesn’t have a certiﬁed Black Belt Instructor. With the popularity of martial arts and mma, you have schools popping up everywhere with unqualiﬁed instructors. This is one of the worst ways to get started in martial arts. Make sure the school is run by a certiﬁed Black Belt.
- Mistake #7: Choosing a Martial Arts School that doesn’t use the most up to date cleaning methods. Most schools don’t even know how to properly clean their mats and training equipment. Make sure they are at least using the top of the line anti-bacterial and anti-fungal methods. Most schools are
too cheap to buy the really good cleaning products.